Sunday, August 22, 2010

My Daughter: the New-found Dental Champ!

Madeleine had to go to the hospital for oral surgery back on July 16, 2010. Now, this is not something I'm proud of, as I always told myself I wouldn't be one of those parents that has kids with cavities. Much to my dismay, she had several on her molars. Crap.

Given that she is so incredibly independent, I was allowing her to brush her teeth on her own. Huge mistake!

The reason for her admission to day treatment at Valley Hospital was because she is not well-known at the Kidds Place dental office for her cooperation. :) No. My girl is classic case of fear in the office. She screamed. She cried. She kicked. She flailed. You name it. Every single appt since she was one year old, this was the routine.

Until post-surgery for a check-up about two weeks later.

Madeleine walked in there like she owned the place. She climbed up on her dental chair, let the lady put the glasses on her, place the headphones for the movie on her ears, laid back on the chair, let the hygienist scoot her up, and she was smiling the whole time. As if she knew something I didn't. I didn't care. She was cooperating.

So, here are the pictures to prove it. And no, I wouldn't have believed it if I were not there witnessing and snapping photos left and right like a tourist!

Getting ready for the poking and prodding.

Just relaxing in the chair.

Heading out, happy as a clam with her pink balloon and tokens in hand for the "win every time" claw machines in the office.

Showing off her loot!

1 comment:

birdeeb said...

She is so super cute! Yeah I have had to have Ben knocked out for procedures before cause he freaks if he thinks there is blood! And I worry about Amelia having cavities or wearing her teeth to the gums with the way she eats suckers!! That girl bites them and ugh it's hard to get her to do it right!