Thursday, January 5, 2012

Holy Wow!

If I wait another 3-ish weeks, it will have been 3 months since I've updated my blog. I figured I better just update quickly so as not to pass that mark.

So what have we been up to? Well, Bud Bud is growing like a weed. He'll be 2 on the 29th of this month. Seriously? Where does the time go? He's such a sweet little boy and I love him tremendously! He makes me smile, even on the worst days.

Madeleine is also growing like crazy and is so incredibly smart. My little Miss is knocking it out of the park in Kindergarten and is always bringing home little awards for being a huge help during the day. She also just got her ears pierced. It was a gift from Santa this year for Christmas. Boy, was she excited!

George and I are..... get this..... training for a half marathon in May!! We're really excited and motivated! Our 10th anniversary is May 3 (not to mention, it's also George's birthday) and the half marathon is on May 19. We figured it'd be a great way to welcome our 10th year of marriage. We've had some struggles, definitely hit some hard times, and we're working hard to strengthen our marriage. All in all, life is good and we're doing great!

Not only are we doing the half marathon, we're also still doing Bike MS in September. We love it! Biking has become one of our passions. So much so that we often find ourselves looking at new gear online pretty much every time we're on the computer. :) That's a good thing, though, I suppose. We're also considering doing the Seattle-To-Portland bike ride, which is 200 miles over 2 days. That's in July. We'll see.

Overall, we're doing well. Life is always interesting around here, to say the least! We're excited about the direction we're headed and looking foward to being even better examples to the kids.

I'll try to write sooner next time...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thanks for the update, I love hearing about my friends and their families. at least your only lapsed 3 months in writing, lol...I lapsed 2 1/2years, ha ha
take care