Sunday, August 22, 2010

Talk? She Can Do That!

Madeleine gave her first talk today in Primary. Those of you who know Madeleine know that she has two very distinct sides to her personality.

First: She. Is. A. Talker. No if's, and's, or but's. This girl can talk. She exhausts me! She's very much like me. Makes me wonder if I exhausted my parents. Who am I kidding?? They remind me of this all the time, and how I'm getting my "just reward" for how chatty I was at Madeleine's age.

Second: She pretends to be shy. I say "pretends", but she is pretty shy at first in new situations. But when she gets to know you or familiarizes herself with the situation... well, refer to the above paragraph and consider it your warning!

So imagine our surprise when, in a room of approximately 50 adults and children, Madeleine walked right up to the microphone and podium and took her place to give her talk! No hesitation, no whining, nothing. She looked at me (I was up there with her whispering her written talk in her ear so she could recite it... and yes, she helped write it!) and we got started!

She was a champ up there! I'm so proud of her, and amazed every day by how quickly time passes. It was just yesterday that she was born....right??! But, seemingly in a very brief period of time she became a 17-year-old girl trapped in a 4-year-old's body. She really is wise beyond her years. She showed that today by being a big girl and giving her talk like a seasoned veteran.

1 comment:

Crystyne said...

Way to go! Mason gave his first talk a few months ago. Dang! I don't think I blogged about it! Oh well. Anyway back to my original thought... he did great too...with just a few giggles here and there.