Friday, August 27, 2010

The New Job

Week one, down in the books.

So there's the main building, and then there's the building across the street. My office is across the street, along with three other ladies. In this first week I have made some great friends and had so much fun! Heck, we've all even played practical jokes on the guy I just replaced; he was promoted and is now in the main building. Yup, good times!

In the midst of all of the laughter we do find a lot of work needing to be done. So what have I learned so far? Well, I've learned how to write up contracts for new providers, add people to the registry, how to conduct background checks and send those off to Olympia, and a whole slough of other things. I've learned how to recruit new caregivers for the registry. I've also learned that my travels to Colfax will be that much more important than I thought. So every other month I'm supposed to go there to recruit more caregivers in that area. That'll be pretty important, seeing how I already have consumers in the area needing caregiving. :)

As I was being introduced to new people at the beginning of the week, I constantly heard, "Oh, you're across the street." I decided that must be a scarlet letter of sorts, so the four of us wear that title proudly. :) Actually, everyone (and I do mean everyone!) has been incredibly nice and making sure all is well with me and my new position. And it's just like old times...I'm on the planning committee for company events and meetings.

I'm really having fun with this new opportunity, and hope all of the paperwork comes as easily as the practical jokes. :)

2 comments:

birdeeb said...

How fun!! I love companies that feel like family! That's how the company I work for feels like! So many people are scared of the president and I talk to him like anyone else...I mean he startles me at 1st because he is a ninja and sneaks up on us in the back, but I usually will not shy away from talking to him. There are these 2 sales reps that we call the ambiguously gay duo cause they are best friends and they are always joking like they are gay (they aren't) but it's hilarious! An art person put their faces in the place of two gay looking superheroes and it was SO funny! It made me laugh every time I walked by their assistant's desks LOL ;o) I love jobs that have fun!

Crystyne said...

That is great! Just make sure to do more work than practical jokes...