Saturday, September 4, 2010

In The Market

George and I have come to the conclusion that we must add a 2nd (running) vehicle to our family. We do still have George's beloved '84 Chevy Silverado, and no, we're not getting rid of it. We've decided to tear that whole thing apart and rebuild it; or at least what needs rebuilding. The fuel line will be first. :)

So we drove around today for about an hour looking at different vehicles that were appealing from the street. Our criteria isn't much. If there is nicely kept signage and if the lot is clean, the employees appear to take pride in their appearance, we stopped. And there was a certain section of East Sprague that we just avoided by taking the freeway. :) On those terms, we stopped. Supposing there was a vehicle that caught our eye.

I might also add that it took quite a bit, at first, to get George to stop. (I should have brought my purse, but in our hurry to get out, I forgot it. So I didn't have my license, and couldn't drive...) Anyway, his idea of car shopping consists of pointing to a car he likes, then muttering, "It's probably too much." You know, when he does stuff like that, I just can't help but be sarcastic... so I usually come up with some smart aleck response to lighten his mood. Well, today it worked! We stopped to look at some vehicles. We have one that we're seriously considering. Well, two, if you count the van. But one SUV that would be great for the family, and it would nearly match our beloved Trailblazer. :)

We're going to see if there are any car lots open on Monday so we can test drive some. And hopefully we'll come out with a nice vehicle that we will be able to pay off in less than 6 months.

We're also in the market for a cell phone for yours truly. Not too fancy of a plan, as we are not interested in accumulating too many extra expenses since my getting a job. But since I'll be traveling to Colfax once a month for work to do some recruiting, we would feel more comfortable.

Decisions....decisions.... our goal is to be debt-free asap. So no extra expenses that are not totally necessary. Easy enough. Now, let's go shopping!

No comments: