Monday, December 27, 2010

Unexpected Blessings


Tithing. There are no two ways about it. We pay it. We might have other places that money could go each time we get paid, but we still pay our tithing first. Right off the top. We know blessings abound in obedience to the Lord. So it's always nice to see the blessings in action, and especially in ways we can never imagine. I opened the mailbox today for the first time in several days and found a substantial check in there from my previous employer. We weren't expecting it, had never heard anything about it. It just showed up, out of the blue, from something that I had completely forgotten about. :)

I love my Heavenly Father and my savior, Jesus Christ! I'm so thankful for the blessings that come forth from obedience. From a peaceful home to an unexpected check in the mail, I'm grateful. It's so true that Heavenly Father knows our needs, and He provides for us even in times of uncertainty.

2 comments:

Crystyne said...

You are right. Blessings do come as we are faithful and pay our tithing. I know that is the reason we have been so blessed through all our trials.

birdeeb said...

Tithing IS so great! ;o) I always like to share the story of the time I didn't pay tithing because of a dental bill (I had money in savings and didn't want to use it...) and the next week ALL 4 tires on my car went flat!! Coincidence?? I think not haha ;o)