Thursday, December 2, 2010

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!!

Our family was very fortunate to be able to go to Disneyland for vacation. When I say "vacation", I mean leaving the state of WA for some fun times! George and I had never taken vacation since we first met, so we felt we were due for one! Thankfully I have a mom and step-dad that wanted to take all of their grandchildren to Disneyland! So, of course, we got to go too!

All total, we spent 5 days hopping back and forth between Disneyland and CA Adventures theme parks. Let me just say that I LOVED being in Disneyland. I had been there two other times in my life; once when I was 2 years old, and the other time when I was 13 years old. I remember nothing from my experience as a 2-year-old, but my mom shared a story with me from that visit. She said when we were on the airplane and circling the airport in CA to land I kept saying over and over again, "We're gonna get hurt. We're gonna get hurt!" LOL Me? Nah. :) And when I was 13, I remember having fun, but foremost in my memory is this: I started my period for the first time EVER while at Disneyland at 13 years old. No fun for me, I'll assure you.

Fast-forward 17 years and we were there again! What could possibly go wrong? We had beautiful weather, a ton of fun, memories were being made with the kids, etc. All was going well until Murphy's Law knocked on my bodily door with a vengeance. Or maybe just a smirk. I started my period this time around, too.

Oh, the irony.

Anyway, aside from that nonsense, we had a wonderful time! Baby George got to go on a lot of rides, but one of the most captivating to him was Pirates of the Carribbean. He was enamored by all of the pirates, the water splashing around, and he seemed to like the hills we rode down on the ride! On our last chance on the ride the employee told everyone in our "boat" that he was Captain George. :) Splash Mt., Big Thunder Mt. Railroad, Matterhorn, Space Mt.; all as much fun as I remembered! I got absolutely soaked on Splash Mt, but the weather was just perfect for getting wet! George got soaked, Madeleine got soaked. Heck! Everyone got soaked!! And we had a blast doing it!

Over at CA Adventures it's a different atmosphere, but still definitely Disney. I would have to say the highlights were CA Screamin' and Soaring Over CA. CA Screamin' is the rollercoaster that goes from 0-86 mph in 3 seconds flat. You start out on a straight runway and then you get launched super fast, then you head up this gigantic hill!! I had so much fun on that one!! Oh, and it happened to be Tamieka's favorite! Soaring Over CA was just plain awesome. You truly get the sensation that you are parasailing or hang gliding over different CA landmarks. It's hard to describe, but so realistic! In fact, the lady sitting next to me was near vomiting when we were done. :) Good times. We got to watch the parade go through CA Adventures, Fantasmic over at Disneyland, and the band marched through several times. There was so much to do, but so little that we missed. :) We couldn't ask for more!!

Here are just a few of the pictures we took. Overall, there were more than 500 pictures, so I'm just giving you a small glimpse at our trip. If you want to see more, head over to my Facebook page.

















































We would love to make this a family tradition and go every couple years or so! Hopefully we can make that happen!

No comments: